omg instant girlcrush. simply stunning beauty.
Im just gonna sit over there and stare.
“why” “because i said so” good one mom you should be a lawyer
July 29th, 2014
Less than a week ago Eric Garner was laid to rest after dying from being placed in an illegal chokehold by Staten Island police, and now it looks as if the NYPD has once again, broken the rules.
Their reasoning? Allegedly grilling illegally outside.
Captured on a cell phone video, 27-year-old Rosan Miller is noticeably pregnant, but that doesn’t stop the NYPD from placing the woman in what looks like a chokehold.
Photos released Monday by an East New York advocacy group show Rosan Miller, 27, struggling with a cop who appears to have his arm around her neck.
The NYPD prohibits the use of chokeholds.
Officers went to the home over the weekend because Miller was grilling on a public sidewalk in violation of local law, cops said. But a melee broke out that ended with her, her brother and husband all in handcuffs.
The brother, John Miller, was charged with harassment and obstruction of justice. Her husband, Moses Miller, 34, was charged with resisting arrest and obstruction. Rosan Miller got a summons for disorderly conduct.
Barron pointed out that the woman’s daughter can be seen in the photo watching her mother being choked and arrested.
This is the third incident of the NYPD using an illegal choke hold to make the news this month. On July 14th, NYC officers beat and choked a 22 year old black male for entering the subway through an exit gate.
Three days later, an officer choked Eric Garner to death after he broken up a fight. The officers claimed he was selling untaxed cigarettes but it was later revealed he had none in his possession.
Some of these are so awkward, and some are great, and there’s that one with the dad that’s just 100% heartbreaking.
St. Louis, MO, 08/27/2014
Alright, let’s talk about this. The most important thing to know is that many of the designs were overlapping. Some of them were repeated, so I tried to locate each object at its clearest. The flower/dagger combo was only in one place that I could find, though, and was very obscured. Tell me what you think, please.
From top to bottom, left to right:
1. Two hearts with arrows. BUT…*Rafiki voice*…look harder. Behind the hearts: a flower/sun thingy with a dagger through it?
2. The rose, which - if you look in pic 7 - is actually a dripping ice cream cone with petals. Cool.
3. Happy skull and crossbones. That one was everywhere, seemed like.
4. The hanger. It’s a hanger, people. It was big. ‘Nuf said.
5. Two anchors side by side. Those were all over too.
6. I was confused by that one throughout the evening. On the left, it’s a pair of boxing gloves dangling with something else in front of it. On the right, is that a hand protruding from a shirtsleeve, ready to shake?
7. There were dice throughout the stage art. A fair number, and all in pairs. In this pic from the concert program, it says, “PAIR A DICE” around a little cabin in the snowy woods. Hmm. Ski trip for two, anyone?
8. This is a star/web combo. It was onstage, though it’s hard to decipher in the pics, so I used a photograph of the program’s back cover. It’s a star - a five-pointed star - on top of a circular web. Please, someone, tell me I’m not going crazy. No, really.
9. Here’s the anchor + rope. There was one onstage, but it was on the frame around the screen, so it wasn’t lit. I found it in the program too. They really covered that one good.
10. The shark man in heels, dagger to his left. Bonus skull in a backwards snapback and sad, knock-kneed apple.
Oh, and the ship was there too, buried in the dark part at the top of the stage. There were two lovely animated ships, tied together, on the screen during Strong, followed by a procession of hearts, arrows, and stars. *facepalm*
youtuber gets angry that girls like music
how are these people real?
Someone needs his binky and a nap.
The first words out of your mouth are two brothers.
Two brothers drive across America in a kickass car and fight monsters.
Two brothers go on a search for their father and hunt evil things.
Two brothers stop the apocalypse and save the world.
Two brothers, saving people, hunting things.
Two brothers — and the rest is all extra.
People aren’t talkin about the news, they’re talking about what they think the news is. There is no news channel saying “This is what happened, draw your own conclusions.” We have made this country so bereft of critical thinking, that now we have a problem where we have to teach them to think for themselves.
We have no unified authority, or problem solvers. We have congressman discussing environmentalism, when they don’t understand half the problems our earth is going through. We go to congress instead of going to people who have worked their whole LIFE trying to solve these problems. When it comes to racism, we’re asking a panel of white dudes, when it comes to sexism and woman’s rights we ask a panel of white priests on what they think. IT’S INSANITY! We ask people who are not in the arena they should be speaking in/for.
AND THAT’S WHY WE DON’T trust the media, it’s because they’re not in the arena of black experience, and they don’t care about the black experience, UNTIL something bad happens and they have the tools to paint us as destructive, ugly and evil!